Thursday, April 15, 2010

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt...

I need an intervention. A wake up call. I’ve been trying to think of what to write and where to begin but it isn’t coming easy. In simple terms; I like to spend, my husband likes to more, we have no money to spend (two people zero incomes), we live on credit, we buy what we want when we want it, we ignore the problem, our debt is steadily climbing into the six figures and an end isn’t in sight. I don’t know what more to say. I can’t bring myself to look at how bad it really is because it makes me sick to my stomach and keeps me up at night. I need to get a job, but I want to be home with my children right now. So I think I’ll just ignore it some more…

4 comments:

  1. girl, your posts are breaking my heart, sending courage your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are here to give you support, in whatever way you need. I am sorry that this has been weighing down on you. I can only imagine the stress that it has been causing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I hate to have all my posts be so negative. I really do not dwell on most of these topics - I have so many other things to take my mind off them. This blog though helps me bring things up and think about them - all of your stories and challenges are inspiring. At least I'm kind of thinking about solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to what Ashley said. I'm so glad we have this blog--we can be here for each other no matter the distance. Love you & miss you! xox

    ReplyDelete